A hot desk is not a new concept, it’s been around for decades. But it has changed and is now an affordable way of maximising office space. Remote working, cloud computing and other advancing technologies make hot desking much easier to implement, even for businesses on a tight budget.
Hot desking has many advantages for your business and your staff, here are 5 ways a hot desk can actually help your business:
- Communication Hot desking means people from all levels and roles can get to sit together instead of in isolation. This will help build better working relationships and understanding between all colleagues at all levels. If you’re in a shared office space, getting to work amongst other professionals helps boost your confidence and offer invaluable networking opportunities.
- Choosing where you work Some of us like to work in quieter areas while others thrive from working in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a busy office. Hot desking allows each individual to choose to sit in a place they’re most comfortable.
- Making new contacts If you choose to hot desk in a shared office space you will have the opportunity to meet new business contacts and form new business relationships which can lead to new referrals.
- Cost Saving It’s estimated that implementing a hot desking setup can save your business up to 30% on it’s running costs.
- Increase Creativity Getting to work amongst other people in different roles encourages idea sharing which can lead to more creative environment. Individuals working in a shared office space will be able to bounce ideas off other like minded professionals.
Hot desking is not a one size fits all answer but in the right circumstances it can really help boost your small business. Whether you are a one man band in a shared office space or a larger company with employees, a hot desk could be the answer to your office set-up.
Related blog: 3 Great Reasons To Rent A Desk